Full Governing Body
Finance & Premises Committee
Anthony Flynn (Co-opted)
Steve Searle (Co-opted)
Andrew Foss (HT)
Andrew Foss (Head Teacher)
You don’t need any particular qualifications to be a governor, but you do need commitment and enthusiasm!
As a parent you will have an understanding of other parents’ concerns, as a member of the local community your local knowledge will be valuable as you will have an understanding of what is important to local people. You may have business or other skills that may be helpful to the school.
Some governors have more time than others to commit to the school. Where possible, all attend the regular meetings and are also either on the Financial and Premises Committee or the Curriculum and Staffing Committee.
If you are interested in becoming a school governor you need:
- The ability to work as part of a team
- A desire to make a difference to children’s lives
- A desire to help the community
- An external view
- A willingness to challenge assumptions
- The time to get involved
Being a governor is a challenging and rewarding opportunity. It can give you a sense of satisfaction through knowing children will benefit from your efforts, as well as:
- Improving children’s education and supporting the school’s staff;
- Giving you the opportunity to develop new skills and to strengthen existing ones;
- The opportunity to gain understanding in key areas such as finance, personnel and strategic planning;
- The chance to help other members of the team ;
- The opportunity to learn about the education system as a whole.
If you are interested in some, or all of these things then you would make a good governor! The Governor Support Unit at South Gloucestershire Council provides extra support by running lots of training courses for new and experienced governors.
|Governor||Pecuniary interests 2017-2018|
|Lisa Robinson||Staff member.|
|Andrew Foss||Staff member.|
|Karen Noad||Staff member.|
|Tom Monks||Staff member|
|Steve Searle||Married to the school’s Senior Clerical Assistant|
Full Governor Board (FGB) and Finance Meeting Attendance Data 2017-2018 Click Here