“Warm and effective relationships characterise the school’s culture and make this a very welcoming and orderly environment in which to learn. Pupils develop good personal and social skills because these are an integral part of the school’s curriculum and at the heart of the school’s work. Pupils are positive that they feel safe in school. They say that bullying, derogatory behaviour and aggressive language
- Archive by category "Uncategorized"
Category Archives: Uncategorized
You are visitor Number:
SCHOOL TOURSTours of the school are available, please contact the school office to book 01454 867165
Pupil Premium and Free School MealsIn 2011 the government introduced funding for schools called Pupil Premium in order to support the progress of vulnerable groups. The funding is paid directly into the school and the amount received is based on the number of pupils who receive free school meals, children in care and children of parents in the armed forces.
As a school, we are free to spend this funding as we see fit.
This is how we spend the funds at Redfield Edge:
• Our Family Link Worker – Mrs Williams supports pupils and families in school in a variety of ways.
• Reading Assistants – Our reading assistants give pupils the additional opportunity to practise their reading skills and develop their comprehension skills.
• Maths Assistants – 1:1 tuition for pupils in school with a specific focus on basic number skills, times tables and number facts.
• Funding before and after school clubs for specific families, support with uniform and subsidising of residential trips.
You can check if your child is entitled to Free School Meals at https://www.gov.uk/apply-free-school-meals