At Redfield Edge we have an established School Uniform Policy that we actively encourage all parents and pupils to support.
Purchasing School Uniform
Uniform can be ordered using the on-line shop in Parent Mail. Payment is required at the point of ordering. The school office will then send the item(s) home with your child.
Items available to purchase from school are:-
- Green cardigan, crew neck sweatshirt & v neck sweatshirt with embroidered school name.
- White polo shirt with embroidered school name.
- Green reversible showerproof fleece jacket with embroidered school name.
- PE-T-Shirts in house colours (blue, green, red and yellow) with school logo. Pupils are allocated a house when they join the school. If you are unsure of your child’s house please contact the school office before ordering.
- PE bags in various colours.
- Green book bag
- Water bottle with school logo.
All prices are listed in the shop.
Our school uniform consists of:
Physical Education (PE)
Children should wear appropriate clothing for each activity in P.E. All items must be named and kept in a named PE bag. Kits should come into school on the first day of each term and are returned home at the end of the term for checking and washing. Please ensure your child has PE kit in school every day as the timetabled days for classes can change at short notice.
- PE kits come to school in a named PE bag on the first day of each school term and consists of:
- Black Shorts
- A Redfield Edge PE T-shirt (in the colour of the child’s house)
- Black daps
- White trainers
*When the weather is cold children can bring named, dark tracksuit bottoms / sweatshirts for wearing outside. This however, is optional.
**Children in the Early Years Foundation Stage are encouraged to bring named waterproofs and wellington boots to school for outside learning in all weather!
All items named and in a named swimming bag please.
- Boys should wear appropriate swimming trunks (not shorts)
- Appropriate one-piece swimming costume
- Goggles if they need them.
Children may wear:
- Sensible inexpensive wristwatches, but should be marked with the owner’s name. The pupil must be responsible for their watch as the school is not responsible for damage or loss of personal property.
- Hair bands and scrunchies in school colours, but children should be discouraged from wearing fancy hair bands as some designs could cause injury.
Children should NOT wear:
- Jewellery, except stud earrings (these must be removed for sports activities or must be covered with a plaster or micro-pore which should be brought from home).
- Make-up including nail varnish.
- Sports branded clothing during the normal school day.
- High heeled shoes on Health and Safety grounds.
- Hats and scarves during lessons except for religious or medical reasons.
Names in clothing
We would be very, very grateful if you could put your child’s full name, not just their initials, in each piece of clothing by using either sewn in labels, ironed in labels or written using indelible ink. This will save us time and you money (named items are returned to the child). It is surprising how many unnamed items accumulate in the lost property box each week.